Thursday, August 7, 2008
Old Feelings
It is amazing to me how you can be walking along in life everything normal and out of the clear blue emotions you thought were LONG gone can take you back 15 years. Most people are aware that Darrin and I had major infertility issues. Before we were married I had to have one ovary removed and suffered from endometriosis so the likelyhood of having children was not there. After being married 3 years something much greater happened that would affect eternity. I prayed to receive Christ on June 10. Six weeks later, at a normal Dr. visit we were told I was six weeks pregnant!!!!!!!!!! Praise God! After Brittany was born we were told that the best time for more children was sooner rather than later. Alas, even with countless surgeries and several attempts at in-vitro (one resulted in triplets that I lost), we never had anymore children. Ugh! That was a yucky time. But today, I count it all as one great big miracle. Our entire family has come to know Christ as a result, one by one... I tell all this to lead up to the fact that while several of my dearest friends have discovered over the past few weeks they are expecting babies, I have one very special friend who is walking down that dark hall of infertility and my heart hurts for her. I wish I could take away those feelings or better yet fulfill that desire of her heart, but I can't. I can however walk with her and pray constantly. I can hope beyond all hope that the fact I can empathize with her will bring her some comfort from time to time. I ask that you all join me in prayer for my sweet friend, Joni. I know she would appreciate it so very much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment